VUGA device range and software platform provide an easy-to-use, yet detailed fleet management solution.
Our range of vehicle-powered and battery-powered tracking devices provide the flexibility to suit your requirements. OBD port and ‘cigarette lighter’ power options are available, so you can begin tracking without the need to install any wiring, plug and play.
Our software platform, provides a complete set of tools to proactively manage and monitor your fleet. Reduce costs, improve safety, and report on your activities with ease.
CONSTANTLY EVOLVING APPLICATIONS
Fleet management has been the core of GPS tracking businesses over the years. The data collection has improved markedly and the translation of that data has given fleet managers around the world cost cutting mechanisms and improved reliability of vehicles and assets.
Typical applications are:
- Vehicle and asset tracking
- Fringe Benefit Tax reporting
- Driver Behaviour
- Scheduled Maintenance jobbing and reporting
- Driver identification and management
WHY MONITOR DRIVER BEHAVIOUR?
Driver Behaviour is an important safety and cost saving measure. Driver behaviour alerts and reports help with Safety and Compliance, and enable you to get the most from your staff and assets.
Erratic driver behaviour can cause:
- Accidents and injuries
- Increased wear and tear
- Increased fuel and maintenance running costs
- Poor PR if vehicles are branded and seen to have nuisance drivers
WHAT CAN WE CAPTURE?
Using the accelerometer and smart algorithms, Vuga products can measure:
- Harsh acceleration, braking and cornering
- Idle time
From these, we can generate Alerts and Reports providing the user evidence of vehicle abuse and poor working behaviour.
IDENTIFYING EVENTS BY DRIVER
Being able to confidently apportion the blame to a driver / staff member, particularly where there are multiple drivers for many vehicles in the fleet is vital for:
- Insurance liability purposes
- Health and Safety compliance
- Apportioning costs of repair to an individual
- Providing evidence in legal situations
- Re-educating staff with better driving habits
- Acting as a deterrent to staff to abuse vehicles
DRIVER SCORING REPORTS
Our Solution offers some comparative Driver Scoring Reports to show driver behaviour performance amongst colleagues. This is useful in disciplining staff or providing a deterrent and incentives for staff to behave better on the road while responsible for a company asset (and brand in most cases).
Driver Scoring Report
WHAT CAN WE MEASURE?
We all know we need to plan and service vehicles and assets regularly and punctually to achieve maximum reliability, performance and cost of ownership value.
Vuga Telematics Software captures asset activity in terms of ignition events / movement events. From this, we can deduce time travelled, distance travelled, idle time, etc…
Taking this data, Vuga Telematics software has an intuitive Service and Maintenance module that allows the client to set service intervals / alerts / reminders as the device accumulates distance / hours, and translate this into Jobs with action and sign-off features. Otherwise known as Preventative Maintenance.
Preventative maintenance is an important cost saving measure in fleets characterised by scheduling and servicing vehicles and equipment punctually before problems can develop with knock-on effects of delays, costs, down-time, and customer service disappointments.
In most cases, the punctual servicing and maintenance of assets using this module covers the ROI of the entire tracking project on its own.
The module also helps with Safety and Compliance of things like vehicle and tyre inspections, registration reminders, Driver and equipment certifications, as well as providing a pro-active means to order parts in advance at optimum pricing.
We have discussed how driver behavior is a very important part of ensuring assets are looked after and safety standards are kept. By capturing the driver ID, the company can attribute trips, routing, man-hours and driver behavior to a particular driver. This allows the company to:
- Optimize driver standards and performance
- Reduce running costs
- Practice safe management methods
- Attribute activities to jobs for costing and billing purposes
- Discipline drivers for poor driving or infringements
- Improve driver skills with actual data feedback
- Improve customer image from improved road behavior
Vuga has a range of driver ID accessories and tools which help a client identify areas of attention as well as complying to safety standards.
WHAT METHODS ARE THERE TO CAPTURE THE INFO?
There are many methods out there, some favouring low cost simple solutions, others high end reliable enterprise applications.
Vuga offers the following driver ID options:
- 125kHz RFID reader – a RFID reader wired to the device, and a tag the user touches onto the reader to identify themselves
- 5 digit keypad – a convenient in-vehicle keypad that can take up to a 5 numbered pin (driver ID number) with audible and visible feedback
- iButton Reader – the traditional low cost Dallas key reader and tag system
CAN YOU STOP DRIVERS OR MACHINE OPERATORS USING A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT THEY ARE NOT CERTIFIED / QUALIFIED FOR?
Our solution provides a driver list feature whereby you can populate your driver list and allocate certain drivers / operators to specific assets / vehicles. If an immobiliser has been fitted, a driver / operator will not be able to start the asset if they are not an authorised user according to the Driver List.
This is particularly essential in operating dangerous equipment for safety reasons as well as legal liabilities and potential punitive damages to the business for non-compliance.